Thursday, April 17, 2008

Bruce for Barack

So, I was reading the NY Times and saw an article that said Bruce Springsteen decided to support Obama. Wuhuu Bruce! I hope you can sense my sarcasm. If you don't let me then let me tel you how irritating this celebrity and politician involvement is to me. Who cares if Brittney Spears was supporting Hillary! Does it even matter, do they matter in my life ( celebrities that is)?! No they don't. Why are they even spending time writing an article on this. Does it matter why he supports him or who he used to support? Why don't they write and article about who I support?
What I find even more sad is that Obama issued a statement about Bruce's support. But off course he has to because this brings him MONEY. After all money makes the world go round, oh and Hollywood too.
I would love one day to see a separation between politics, religion and Hollywood. Somethings don't need to be mixed but we insist to do so. Let's see how long it will take Bruce to say something "wrong" that will call for another inspiring speech from Obama.
I'm sure Burce is a great singer, why not just stick to that or go help the hungry like all the stars do. The sad part of it all is that Obama is not the only one that is playing into the game, we all are. With this infatuation with celebrities, what they are doing and who they like or don't. We should focus on the importance of this election and just that.

Article: http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/04/16/bruce-for-barack-ohhhh-hes-the-one/index.html?ref=politics

No comments: